Dr Ted Velzeboer
Specialist Anaesthetist – Member Of The Southern Anaesthetics Group, Perth, Western Australia
Dr Ted Velzeboer completed his undergraduate medical degree at Guy’s, Kings and St Thomas’s Hospitals Medical School, London. Having moved to WA in 2007, he worked in emergency and critical care medicine, before undertaking the WA Anaesthesia Training Program, gaining experience in all of Perth’s major tertiary hospitals. He completed further specialist training by undertaking clinical fellowships in Regional Anaesthesia and Specialist Airway Management at Royal Perth Hospital. He completed his training to become a Fellow of the Australia and New Zealand College of Anaesthesia (FANZCA) in 2015.
He works as a Consultant Anaesthetist at Royal Perth Hospital and St John of God Midland Hospital, and also works as a Specialist Anaesthetist in many of Perth’s private hospitals.
Dr Ted Velzeboer has a wide range of skills and experience in general anaesthesia, regional anaesthesia and sedation techniques, with particular interest in Trauma and Orthopaedic surgery, Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT), Maxillofacial and Dental surgery, Bariatric surgery, Obstetrics and Gynaecology surgery, and Opthalmic surgery.
He is actively involved in teaching regional anaesthesia techniques and airway crisis management
Professional Training And Experience
- Medical School – Guy’s, Kings and St Thomas’s Hospitals Medical School, London
- Internship – Kings College Hospital, London and Canterbury Hospital, UK
- Resident Medical Officer – Basic Surgical Training / Emergency Medicine – Oxford Deanery, UK and Royal Perth Hospital
- Registrar – Emergency Medicine and Critical Care Medicine – Fremantle Hospital, Princess Margaret Hospital.
- Registrar WA Anaesthesia Training Program
- Clinical Fellowships – Airway and Regional Anaesthesia, Royal Perth Hospital
- Consultant Anaesthetist – Royal Perth Hospital and St John of God Midland Hospital
- Dr Velzeboer is accredited at the majority of Perth’s private hospitals.
- Australian Medical Association (AMA)
- Australian Society of Anaesthesia (ASA)
- Fellow of the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthesia (FANZCA)
- MDA National