Dr Steve Hilmi
Specialist Anaesthetist – Member Of The Southern Anaesthetics Group, Perth, Western Australia
Dr Steve Hilmi works as a Consultant Specialist Anaesthetist in Private Practice. He has travelled to Africa a number of times in recent years to donate his professional services to the Tanzanian community.
Dr Hilmi joined Southern Anaesthetics in 2007 and has wide experience in anaesthesia for many specialties including gynaecological oncology, neurosurgical, orthopaedic and general surgical lists, as well as for maxillofacial surgeons and sedation procedures. Dr Hilmi also has an interest in anaesthesia for ENT (including paediatric) surgery.
Professional Training and Experience
- Resident Medical Officer, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital 1996 – 1998
- Medical Registrar, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital 1999
- Anaesthetic Registrar, Western Australian Teaching Hospital Rotation Training Scheme in Anaesthesia and Intensive care, including Provisional Fellow 2000-2006.
- Dr Hilmi is accredited as a Specialist Anaesthetist at the majority of Perth’s private hospitals
- Director of Southern Anaesthetics, 2006 to present
- Australian Society of Anaesthetists
- Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists