Dr Shona Bright
Specialist Anaesthetist – Member Of The Southern Anaesthetics Group, Perth, Western Australia
Dr Shona Bright works both as a Consultant Specialist Anaesthetist at Royal Perth Hospital, and in private practice. Dr Bright completed her medical degree at the Univeristy of Otago in New Zealand. Her anaesthetic training was undertaken in New Zealand and Australia, obtaining her specialist qualifications in anesthesia in 2011. Dr Bright returned to Perth in 2012 to gain further expertise in the fields of cardiothoracic anaesthesia, medical education and simulation.
Dr Bright has skills and experience in anaesthesia for the majority of types of surgery. Special interests include anaesthesia for trauma surgery, cardiac surgery and cardiology procedures, regional anaesthesia and paediatric anaesthesia.
Dr Bright plays an active role in educating other doctors and nurses in crisis management at the simulation centre at Royal Perth Hospital. She regularly instructs on adult and paediatric life support courses run across Australia.
Professional Training and Experience
- Otago Medical School, New Zealand
- Postgraduate Diploma in Child Health, University of Otago
- Senior House Officer in Anaesthesia, Christchurch
- Medical Officer in Emergency Departments around Australia and New Zealand
- Tasmanian Teaching Hospitals Rotational Training Scheme in Anaesthesia
- Fellowship in Cardiac Anaesthesia, Royal Perth Hospital
- Fellowship in Medical Education and Simulation, Royal Perth Hospital
- Consultant Anaesthetist, Royal Perth Hospital 2013-present
- Advanced Life Support Instructor 2012-present
- Advanced Paediatric Life Support Instructor 2011-present
- Director, Southern Anaesthetics 2013-present
- Dr Bright is accredited at the majority of Perth’s private hospitals.
- Australian Society of Anaesthetists
- Australian Medical Association
- Fellow of the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists