Dr Samuel Hillyard
Specialist Anaesthetist – Member Of The Southern Anaesthetics Group, Perth, Western Australia
Dr Hillyard, graduated from the University of Southampton in the UK, in 2000. Initially he trained in Internal Medicine and Intensive Care Medicine, gaining Membership of the Royal College of Physicians in 2004. He subsequently moved into Anaesthesia, became a Fellow of the Royal College of Anaesthetists in 2008 and completed Specialist Training, based at Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital, London in 2012.
During Advanced Training, he undertook a Research Fellowship at Royal Perth Hospital, which led to a permanent move to WA and Fellowship of the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists in 2013. He now works as a Consultant Anaesthetist at Rockingham General Hospital and is a Specialist Anaesthetist at many of Perth’s private hospitals
Dr Hillyard has a depth of experience and current practice in anaesthesia and sedation for a wide range of specialities. He has particular interest in anaesthesia for Obstetrics, Orthopaedics, and Urology as well as in Regional Anaesthesia. He is head of the Acute Pain Service at Rockingham General Hospital, continues to be involved in anaesthetic research; and is committed to quality improvement and sustainability within healthcare.
Professional Training And Experience
- Medical School – Southampton Medical School, UK
- Internship – Royal United Hospital, Bath & Salisbury District Hospital, UK
- Resident Medical Officer / Registrar – Emergency Medicine / Internal Medicine Rotation Intensive Care Medicine / Anaesthesia – Wessex and Severn Deaneries, UK
- Specialist Registrar – South East Thames School of Anaesthesia – Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital, London
- Locum Consultant – St Richard’s Hospital, Chichester; Fiona Stanley Hospital
- Fellowships – Research, Royal Perth Hospital; Obstetric Anaesthesia, St Thomas’ Hospital, London
- Consultant Anaesthetist – Rockingham General Hospital
- Specialist Anaesthetist – accredited at majority of Perth’s private hospitals.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Anaesthetists (FRCA)
- Fellow of the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthesia (FANZCA)
- AVANT medical defence association