Dr Ryan Maslen
Specialist Anaesthetist – Member Of The Southern Anaesthetics Group, Perth, Western Australia
Dr Ryan Maslen completed science and medical degrees at the University of Tasmania in 2009. Upon completing internship and residency at the Royal Hobart Hospital, he moved to Western Australia where he continued his training, rotating through all of Perth’s major tertiary teaching hospitals.
Dr Maslen completed a provisional fellowship in Aeromedical Retrieval with the Royal Flying Doctor Service of Western Australia and Difficult Airway management with Fiona Stanley Hospital. He was awarded a Fellowship of the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists in 2019. In addition, he holds a postgraduate certification in clinical education.
Dr Maslen has clinical interests in general and regional anaesthesia for all adult surgical specialties. He has particular interests in paediatric and obstetric anaesthesia. In addition, he maintains an active clinical education role as a part of his public hospital appointment and is an instructor for the Airway Rescue Course.
Professional Training And Experience
- Internship: Royal Hobart Hospital
- Resident Medical Officer: Royal Hobart Hospital, Fremantle Hospital
- ICU Registrar: Fremantle Hospital
- Anaesthetic Registrar: Western Australian Rotational Training Program
- Provisional Fellowship: Aeromedical Retrieval (RFDS Western Operations)
- Provisional Fellowship: Airway (Fiona Stanley Hospital)
- Consultant Anaesthetist – Fiona Stanley Hospital
- Dr Maslen is accredited at the majority of Perth’s private hospitals
- He continues aeromedical retrieval with the Royal Flying Doctor Service of Western Australia
- Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists
- Australian Medical Association
- AVANT medical defense association