Dr Peter Garnett
Specialist Anaesthetist – Member Of The Southern Anaesthetics Group, Perth, Western Australia
Dr Peter Garnett completed science, pharmacy and medical degrees at The University of Western Australia. Following internship and residency at Fremantle Hospital, he trained in anaesthesia at all of Perth’s major tertiary teaching hospitals, obtaining his Fellowship of the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists in 2020.
Dr Garnett has undertaken fellowships in Obstetric Anaesthesia at King Edward Memorial Hospital and Difficult Airway Management at Royal Perth Hospital. He is currently a Consultant Anaesthetist at Royal Perth Hospital and works as a Specialist Anaesthetist in the Perth private sector.
Dr Garnett is skilled in regional and general anaesthesia for all adult surgical specialties, with a particular interest in anaesthesia for obstetric, orthopaedic and ENT surgery. He also maintains an active clinical education role in his public hospital appointment.
Professional Training And Experience
- Internship and Residency – Fremantle Hospital
- Anaesthesia Registrar – Western Australian Rotational Training Program
- Provisional Fellowship: Obstetric Anaesthesia (King Edward Memorial Hospital)
- Provisional Fellowship: Airway (Royal Perth Hospital)
- Consultant Anaesthetist at Royal Perth Hospital
- Dr Garnett is accredited at the majority of Perth’s private hospitals
- Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists
- Australian Society Of Anaesthetists