Dr Nick Keely
Specialist Anaesthetist – Member Of The Southern Anaesthetics Group, Perth, Western Australia
Dr Nick Keely was born, trained and qualified in Perth. He studied and worked overseas in Saudi Arabia and the UK. He spent two years in an Australian foreign aid anaesthesia post in the Pacific nation of Vanuatu For the last 19 years, Dr Keely has practiced full time as a Specialist Anaesthetist in the private sector.
Dr Keely is a very experienced anaesthetist in a variety of fields including orthopaedics, gynaecology and urology.
Professional Training and Experience
- Registrar in Anaesthesia: London and Middlesex Hospital
- Consultant Anaesthetist: King Faisal and Fahad Military Hospital, Saudi Arabia
- Consultant Anaesthetist: The St Laurence Burns and Maxillofacial Unit, Chepstow, Wales, UK
- Consultant Anaesthetist: ICU, Cumberland Infirmary, Carlisle, Cumbria, UK
- Consultant Anaesthetist: Fremantle Hospital, Geraldton Regional Hospital and St John of God Hospital, Geraldton
- Specialist Anaesthetist: Vila Central Hospital, Vila Vanuatu
Dr Keely’s training included:-
- Approximately 22 months in various teaching hospitals Intensive Care Units
- Fibreoptic intubation, use of the nerve locator, invasive monitoring, peribulbar blocks and thoracic epidurals
- Accredited at the majority of Perth’s private hospitals
- Director of Southern Anaesthetics, 1999 to present