Dr Julia Galatis
Specialist Anaesthetist – Member Of The Southern Anaesthetics Group, Perth, Western Australia
Dr Julia Galatis was educated and also completed her initial medical training in South Africa. She moved to Australia in 2000 and initially commenced private practice as a Specialist Anaesthetist at the Joondalup Health Campus. Dr Galatis now works as a Specialist Anaesthetist at many of Perth’s metropolitan hospitals.
Dr Galatis’ current professional interests include anaesthesia for Obstetrics and Gynaecology, General Surgery, Gastroenterology and Ophthalmology.
Professional Training and Experience
- 1990 – 1994 Johannesburg, South Africa
- 1995 Specialist Anaesthetist Private Practice, Johannesburg, South Africa
- 1996 Consultant Anaesthetist and Private Practice, Whangarei, New Zealand
- 2000 to present: Consultant Anaesthetist, Joondalup Health Campus, Perth
- 2009 to present: Director, Southern Anaesthetics
- Dr Galatis is accredited at the majority of Perth’s private hospitals.
- Australian Society of Anaesthetists
- Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists
- Australian Medical Association