Dr Gopal Rajan
Specialist Anaesthetist – Member Of The Southern Anaesthetics Group, Perth, Western Australia
Dr Gopal Rajan completed his medical training at the Manipal University in India in 1990. He underwent further training in Anaesthesia and Critical Medicine in Malaysia, obtaining his Masters in Anaesthesiology in 2000. He then worked as a consultant Anaesthetist until 2005 at the University Malaya Hospital.
After arriving in Australia in 2006, he underwent further training and completed his Fellowship in Anaesthesia in 2010. Since then, Dr Rajan has been working as a Consultant Anaesthetist at Joondalup Health Campus with both public and private patients.
Dr Rajan joined the Southern Anaesthetic in 2017 is credentialed to practice in majority of the private hospitals in and around Perth.
Dr Rajan has interests and experience in providing Anaesthesia and sedation for a variety of surgical specialties including Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Orthopaedics, General Surgery, Bariatric surgery, Urology, ENT, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery and Plastic surgery. He also has an interest in Regional anaesthesia and analgesia in the perioperative setting.
Professional Training And Experience
- Consultant Anaesthesiologist 2000 – 2005 Malaysia
- Senior registrar Anaesthesia 2006- 2007 and 2009
- Senior registrar ICU – Royal Perth Hospital 2008
- Consultant Anaesthetist – Joondalup Health Campus since 2010
- Dr Rajan is accredited at the majority of Perth’s private hospitals
- Fellow of the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists
- Australian Society of Anaesthetists
- Australian Medical Association
- MDA National