Dr Claire Hinton
Specialist Anaesthetist – Member Of The Southern Anaesthetics Group, Perth, Western Australia
Dr Claire Hinton completed her initial medical training in South Australia before moving to Western Australia where she completed her Specialist Anaesthetic qualifications in 2013.
Dr Hinton’s main interests are in high-risk obstetrics, emergency management of anaesthetic crises, regional anaesthesia (including peri-orbital techniques), orthopaedic/vascular/robotic/ENT surgery and paediatric anaesthesia for children down to 12 months old.
During her training, Dr Hinton completed two fellowships. One in perioperative echocardiography and the other in obstetric anaesthesia at King Edward Memorial Hospital. She has been published in the British Journal of Anaesthesia and teaches fellow anaesthetists echocardiography at Fiona Stanley Hospital and iHeartScan in Melbourne.
During Dr Hinton’s training she completed additional post-graduate qualifications in ultrasound guided regional anaesthesia and echocardiography. She also completed a year-long fellowship in echocardiography.
- Consultant Anaesthetist at Fiona Stanley and Fremantle Hospital Health Service
- Director of Southern Anaesthetics, 2014 to present
- Dr Hinton is accredited at the majority of Perth’s private hospitals.
- Fellow of Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (FANZCA)
- Australian Society of Anaesthetists
- Avant Medical Defence Organisation