Dr Eric Tai
Specialist Anaesthetist – Member Of The Southern Anaesthetics Group, Perth, Western Australia
Dr Eric Tai completed his medical training at the University of Western Australia. After completing his internship and residency at Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Dr Tai trained in Anaesthesia at Perth’s major teaching hospitals, obtaining his fellowship in anaesthesia in 2012.
Since then, he has been working as a Consultant Anaesthetist at Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, where he is involved with training Anaesthetic registrars and residents. Dr Tai also works as a Specialist Anaesthetist in the Perth private sector.
Dr Tai has an interest in providing anaesthesia for orthopaedic surgery, oral surgery , and plastic and reconstructive surgery. He also has experience in providing sedation for gastroenterology, IV, and pain medicine procedures.
Professional Training And Experience
- Internship & Residency – Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital
- Anaesthetic Registrar – Royal Perth Hospital, Fremantle Hospital, King Edward Memorial Hospital and Princess Margaret Hospital
- Senior Anaesthetic Registrar – Fremantle and Sir Charles Gairdner Hospitals
- Provisional Fellow – Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital
- Consultant Anaesthetist – Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital
- Director, Southern Anaesthetics 2012 to present
- Dr Tai is accredited at the majority of Perth’s private hospitals
- Fellow of the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists
- Australian Society of Anaesthetists
- Australian Medical Association
- MDA National